. 1. Partnership means that there are advantages for all partners. It is easy to say about Polish advantages. We are going to develop community services and make people with mental health problems empowered. We need partner's "know-how" and EFS fund to implement good practice in region. What is partner's advantage in the project? Sharing experience? Disseminating methods? Developing European networking? Others? In fact we ask you for help. Could you write down what kind of advantages you expect in partnership?
2. Partnership means that all partners invest their resources in the project. The ESF expert says that it is not OK to purchase services (lectures, training events) from European partners on business contract. Participants should share their experience as partners and pay for themselves.
Comment: Then we felt resigned. We had asked you for partnership. As a result of that you would have to invest your money to indulge our needs. It’s not fair.
The EFS expert admits that this is not realistic approach. The project is to support development of services for people with mental health problems in our Podkarpacie region, not in other Polish regions and European countries. Partners might have good will and a lot of sympathy, but no resources to invest in services abroad. So we can apply for reimbursement of some partner’s expenses having good reason for it.
Comment: We have a good reason to offer you reimbursement of all costs related to your visits in Poland and some eligible expenses related to study visits of Polish group to your organisation.
The EFS expert says that only reimbursement is allowed. Partners must invest their resources for travel, accommodation, expertise. Then we can give them money back.
Comment: We thought it would be easier to arrange partners’ visits by ourselves. Now we are aware that we ask you to take on additional burdens. Don’t hesitate to refuse our invitation if you find the rules above as too restrictive and overwhelming.
I enclose a draft workplan in attachment. There are some issues to sort out and discuss here.
1. To train 75 community workers and set up 25 community teams in districts. A community team consists of a community therapist, an animator of self-help groups, an employment assistant).
2. To develop network of social clubs, employment assistance, social inclusion events for people with mental health problems and their families.
3. To set up Social Economy Centre.
4. To set up Anti-stigma and Advocacy Centre.
5. To increase policy makers’ awareness about mental health issues and develop skills in management.
6. To support users’ and carers’ self-help groups and organisations.
7. To build up partnership in Poland and Europe for mental health.
Partnership on minimum level – three periods of exchange study visits September-November 2013, September-November 2014, March - May 2015, including conferences in Poland.
There are three meetings we expect you to join in Poland, a group of 10 people. It might be a problem of advance payment for travel and subsistence. We would be happy to offer our hospitality to more people. Let us know how many?
We assume to meet together at the same time. We hope that it would be a kind of advantage for partners to interact between themselves. The ESF expert suggests that partners might apply to their local funds for exchange visit between themselves related to the same project, for example “COMMUNITAS – social support network development”.
A week workshop on community service for 75 social workers. We would like to involve partner’s experts, Polish project workers (after study visits, and users and carers as trainers.
Exchange study visits might be related to local events, for example seminars, conferences. Polish visitors might be obliged to give a speech or report at partner’s conference etc.
We would like to disseminate the project products to all Polish workers, users and their families. It is possible to arrange the international conference for all partners in Europe. Maybe, a building competence seminar or Mental Health Europe conference? It would be a lot of time for fund raising.
Research and publication: We would like to translate partners’ materials into Polish to publish them with Polish outcomes.